Tomorrow, July 27, is the last day to register for RWJF's upcoming webinar. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Grantmakers in Health invite you to participate in this 90-minute webinar to share research and best practices in effective communication about the social determinants of health and the complex beliefs and conflicted values that come along with it. After four years of research, we now have a way to create more compelling, effective and persuasive messages that resonate across the political spectrum.
Scheduled for Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. (EST) / 2:00 p.m. (CST) / 1:00 p.m. (MST) / 12:00 noon (PST), this webinar will summarize research about this complicated aspect of health and share the most effective way to reach the widest audiences.
What you will learn:
• Better frames and messages for “social determinants”
• Best practices and principles in language
• How to use data to support your case
• Deeply held perspectives that affect how policymakers see health disparities
Panelists will include:
• Ann Christiano, Senior Communications Officer, RWJF
• Drew Westen, Ph.D., Professor in the Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Emory University.
• Elizabeth Carger, Senior Project Manager, Olson Zaltman Associates
Following the 60-minute presentation, all panelists will answer your questions during a 30-minute Q&A session.
The deadline to register for this event is tomorrow, Tuesday, July 27. All participants will also receive a copy of our new messaging guide on the social determinants of health. To register:
1. Go to http://rwjf.webex.com/rwjf/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=578090934.
2. Select Register.
3. On the registration form, enter your information and then select Submit.
To learn about Grantmakers in Health and fostering communication and collaboration among grantmakers, visit http://www.gih.org/.